A little bit about us, who we are and what we believe.
Pathway Baptist Church was formed in 2016 through the merging of Bulleen Baptist Church and SonLife Community Church. The church has had a presence, and has served God, in the Bulleen and Templestowe Lower region for over 50 years. We are a multicultural and multigenerational church that has undergone significant change in recent years as we've sought to follow God's leading, and position ourselves for effective ministry in the local area into the future.
OUR MISSION + VISION
At Pathway Baptist Church, our mission is to follow God, walk by faith and lead people to be disciples of Jesus Christ.
We seek to be a Bible based faith community that lives our the Great Commandment and the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matt 22:37-39; 28:18-20). We invite you to come and journey with us.
PASTOR BRUCE ROBERTS
Pastor Bruce Roberts has served the Lord in ministry for 40 years, and has ministered at Pathway Baptist since 2011. He is married with 3 children and 8 grandchildren. He loves to talk with people about how wonderful God is - he encourages them to learn how to pray and study the Bible for a better life, and how to make the Lord Jesus an essential part of their everyday walk with God.
PASTOR GLENN KOH
Pastor Glenn Koh is originally from Singapore but has called Australia home since 1996. He is married and has been in Christian ministry for 25 years. He enjoys spending time with people, and loves to listen to their stories and journey with them in their search for God. His daily regime includes enjoying a good cup of coffee and going for a 2 hour walk around a park near his home.
Executive Team + Elders
The Leadership Team of Pathway consists of the Church Executive and Eldership. They are comprised of people from many different backgrounds and life experiences, and each one brings a wealth of gifts and talents to the leadership of the Church. They are a faithful and dedicated group who demonstrate their love for God in their sacrificial service to Him and His people.
These are our deeply held beliefs as per our Constitution. We believe in:
- The Divine Inspiration and Supreme Authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments
- The existence of One God in Three Persons—The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- The Deity & Incarnation of Jesus Christ—the Son of God and second Person in the Holy Trinity
- The fallen, sinful, and lost estate of all mankind
- The salvation of people from the penal consequences and the power of sin through the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ, his atoning death, his resurrection from the dead, his ascension to the right hand of the Father and his unchanging Priesthood
- The immediate work of the Holy Spirit in the regeneration of people, their sanctification, and their preservation to the Heavenly Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The necessity for salvation, repentance to God, and of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Resurrection of the dead, the final judgement of all people by the Lord Jesus Christ
- The two ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ, namely, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which are of perpetual obligation
- Baptism being the immersion in water of believers upon the profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and a symbol of the fellowship of the regenerate in his death, burial and resurrection
- The Lord’s Supper being a memorial until he comes observed by all who profess their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, of the sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ